Re: Betacam SP Secam

Hi,

Betacam SP is a Analogue Component format, so the stuff recorded on tape is
not either PAL or SECAM, but a Component 625/50 format. When the tape plays
back then the encoder in the VTR would then encode the playback video into
either PAL or SECAM. We used to even have some of our SP's modified to
provide 4:2:2 Digital Component directly.

This means that there should be no difference between a PAL and SECAM SP tape.

Regards,

Grant Petty
Digital Voodoo and Complete Post

PS. I am not affiliated with Sony, or the guy that invented PAL or SECAM,
or 4:2:2 or email software.

>Hi all,
>We are informed by our Sony man here that there is a Secam SP format.
>Amongst our multitude of machines here, we don't have this one.
>We also have a client needing to deliver to Poland and their instructions to
>us include
>the requirement of Secam.
>Can this country (Poland) accept a Pal (or should I say, will they?) or is
>there a Facility in Australia that can do this recording for us from a SP
>Pal.?

--------------------------------
D i g i t a l   V o o d o o.

Come see us at,
http://www.digitalvoodoo.net or,
mailto:info at digitalvoodoo.net

12 Thistlethwaite Street,
South Melbourne,
Victoria, Australia, 3205

Phone +61 (500) 888 831
Fax +61 (500) 888 832

Phone +61 (3) 9699 4633
Fax +61 (3) 9699 3226

---
Thanks to Ross Video for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
929 subscribers in 36 countries on Tue Feb 24 01:05:25 PST 1998