Re: Heads rolling at Cintel

Bob Festa wrote:

> >I'll tell you, those visionary leaders who have purchased the Philips
> >Spirit recently are looking downright clairvoyant right about now.

Thanks Bob. Allthough you don't need to be clairvoyant to recognize it
is a dead end to carry 60's technology into the new millenium. Also you
don't need a week-end a a pile of Pizza's to see the difference in
picture quality. As one of our colorist's said on first time encounter:
"Jeeze,- It looks like a perfectly projected print."

Chris Ryan wrote:

> Actually, it seems like the people who plunked down 2 Miliion bucks
> without waiting to see what else is out there are sweating.

Actually it is a lot closer to 1 million than 2 and the main reason for
us sweating is because it is hard work to pull Hippi cables over
rooftops. Having own a couple of Morris Mini's it is with some sentiment
I see the English going down with the remains of the Empire sitting on
CRT tubes, D1's and a pile of Black boxes. I can hear them shout as they
sink: "8 bit rounded is more correct than 12" or "8 bit D1's are better
than 10 bit Digi Betas..." or "CRT's have a film look that is not even
on the film...". BTW. Isn't the Klone a CCD device?

Philips claims 65% market share for '97. This might be somewhat
optimistic, but think about that every time they sell a Spirit, Cintel
does not sell a Diamond. This has got to drain the development recources
for the C-reality. The only people making money here are the ones who
sell an upgrade to "Diamond", meaning TKI and Scandall. Cintel has used
and is using a lot or recources to make a color corrector and personally
I think they should have concentrated all of them on the box. Also
Philips has got a working, finished, developed product and can easily
adjust the price when needed. Please also take SONY into account. Their
engineering recources are huge and their HD Telecine might be there
before the C-reality is even close to working.

For general information: We have now got the DaVinci running with the
Data output. Allthough "in and out points" still need to be fixed it is
running very well & stable. Next is the Inferno Spirit capture and
working LOG files.

Best regards

Kris, Destiny-601 & The Warehouse, Copenhagen.

---
Thanks to Craig Heyl of Crawford Communications in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
926 subscribers in 36 countries on Sun Feb 22 23:26:42 PST 1998