Re: Heads rolling at Cintel

>I'll tell you, those visionary leaders who have purchased the Philips
>Spirit recently are looking downright clairvoyant right about now.

Actually, it seems like the people who plunked down 2 Miliion bucks
without waiting to see what else is out there are sweating.  Whether the
Spirit, C-Reality ,both  or neither is the final answer will be
determined in the coming year.  If you've got a Spirit now and it becomes
the machine of choice, in a year half the facilities in town will have
one.  Worst case scenario (which I don't see happening, the Spirit is too
good a machine) facilities with a Spirit are left with a 2 Million dollar
coffe table.

Until DTV and HDTV become a client mandated reality I think most
facilities with Ursa Diamonds will wait until all the cards are on the
table.  If Cintel can keep all their promises, which I know many out
there doubt, than C-Reality will be a machine to be reckoned with.  If
not than at least the Spirit will probably come down in price in the face
of the competition. Either way, unless you feel a need to deliver HD or
2K signals now, I see no reason to commit to one machine or the other
without getting the whole picture first.

Thanks all,

Chris Ryan
Nice Shoes

---
Thanks to Craig Heyl of Crawford Communications in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
926 subscribers in 36 countries on Sun Feb 22 20:27:49 PST 1998