Re: Colour Vision

On Feb 18, 22:55, JimErkson at aol.com wrote:
} Subject: Re: Colour Vision

>   I recall the senior colorist who trained me suggesting that I get
> tested

as long as we're recounting these tales..

I was always setting up the monitors in Edit Room I at Unitel where I
worked because my colleague, the editor/director, was colorblind.

My first experience in telecine was when the colorist at Unitel in NYC
went on vacation and a film transfer session came in.  My colleague in
the (2") animatics editing room, David G. (last name withheld), wanted
to do the film transfer as it was a client of his, and David knew how
to set up the film chain as he had worked as an assistant in that
room.  David was colorblind so it fell to me to do the transfer; I had
zero experience with the Dubner and the TK28/FR35.. I learned fast.

so thanks to colorblindness I'm a colorist today.

Rob Lingelbach
Senior Colorist, Pacific Ocean Post
Santa Monica, CA

rob at teklab.com                    KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---
Thanks to Barry Chambers of Gastown Post for support in 1998
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
926 subscribers in 36 countries on Wed Feb 18 21:16:29 PST 1998