Re: Colour Vision

Bob Festa <festa at encorevideo.com> wrote

>I'm all for this mandatory testing of colorists. Perhaps we could even
>establish a
>rating system where the higher scored colorists were compensated
>accordingly. It
>would only be a matter of time where through selective hiring, all impaired
>colorists would be reassigned to duplication positions where they belong.

Who says that the best colorists would have have superior color
discrimination. I have evidence that some colorists who ascend to that
higher paying category may succeed for other reasons. Some degree of color
blindness can explain the "looks" which are preferred by some clients (who
may be equally colorblind). I would point to the paintings of Goya who was
believed to be suffering from astigmatism else why would he view the world
in such a distorted manner?

James Fancher
Chief Science Officer
POP
730 Arizona Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90401

310 458-3300 voice
310 394-6852 fax
310 319-1750 direct line

---
Thanks to Blake Jones for support of the TIG in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
923 subscribers in 36 countries on Wed Feb 18 12:01:58 PST 1998