anonymity (sign posts)

Bill Hogan recently asked everyone please to identify themselves in a
footer (net language has always called this a .sig or .signature file)
when posting messages to the TIG, and I concurred.

There are a few cases where this is not in the best interests of the
posting subscriber, and I'd like to say that this shouldn't deter
anyone from posting.  Consider the case of someone who doesn't hold a
job, currently, yet has information to contribute, or a question to
ask... in cases like these, perhaps only a name will be given.

Bill, I ask that you not be too concerned about the occasional lack of
full identification; those who don't identify themselves only reduce
the import of their posts.  One can always ignore the message if its
resolution proves personally substandard.

--Rob
TIG admin [all the rest below :]

rob at teklab.com                    KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---
Thanks to Blake Jones for support of the TIG in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
929 subscribers in 37 countries on Mon Feb 16 19:46:28 PST 1998