Re: Correction

James Mendrala wrote:

> Who needs setup anyway. If tape operators could be re-trained to have zero
> setup then setup could be inserted at the NTSC transmitter. Then everything
> in production and post production would be free of setup and its headaches!

Having trained dozens of tape operators over the years, I can say that
the majority of them are capable of being re-trained to do most anything
you ask... but Jim, if we let all the levels be fixed at the
transmitter, then that means that we don't have any way of showing the
clients what the picture might look like before transmission. There are
enough obstacles in the path to transmission now, do you really want to
add another one that will clip the blacks?

Karl Rueby
TEG Post
Beautiful Downtown Burbank, where we still watch levels

---
Thanks to Blake Jones for support of the TIG in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
931 subscribers in 37 countries on Mon Feb 16 09:48:46 PST 1998