From:   INTERNET:telecine at alegria.com
Sent:   Sunday, February 15, 1998 2:16 AM
To:     multiple recipients of
Subject:        Re:  Re: 6-perf on Spirit?

>> Any chance the Spirit could transfer 6-perf cinerama?
>>
>> Ursa with Metaspeed can handle it.

So, what telecines can handle VistaVision (8 perf) [without two passes
and an ugly Cinerama-like join]?

I know that there are a couple of customized Ranks out there, but is
there anything else that's stock?  Seems like anything that scans line by
line should be able to handle it.

(I once owned a VistaVision Mitchell, and have friends that still do.)

John Snopes
Muncie, Indiana

P.S. The VistaVision camera was referred to as the "lazy eight" because the
film traveled from left to right and the magazine resembled a figure eight
on its side. Regular cameras have "Mick Mouse" ears.

---
Tube Enhancement Inc. supports the TIG in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
932 subscribers in 37 countries on Sun Feb 15 03:09:54 PST 1998