Re: day for night

At 12:59 PM 1/12/98, Andrew Bowley wrote:

>It's possible that the 'night is blue' convention arose from another source
>-- our own perception.  In low light levels, we rely more heavily on
>receptors (can't remember if it's rods or cones) that are more blue
>sensitive.  Hence, kelvin readings aside, our 'night' vision tends to be
>'blue' vision.

Nope, not true. our low-level vision (rods) do not give any perceived
color, because they are luminance only. Nor am I sure they are particularly
blue-sensitive. Even if they were, the perception would still be
black-and-white.

Mike Orton

thanks to Rod Wayne and SanLab Systems for support in 1998
no product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
TIG subscriber count is 907 on Sun Jan 18 14:34:51 PST 1998