Re: Sony VX1000 mini DV- Video Recorder Enable

"Phil Budden" <Phil at das-werk.de> wrote:

>I have heard that Sony VX1000 which are supplied to Germany are inhibited
>from running as a video recorder, whereas those supplied to say Australia
>can be used as a VCR without any subsequent enabling.

Not so in Australia either - and I believe anywhere.
All Mini DV cameras currently on the market I believe cannot accept a
composite or YC input from another camera or recorder. The only way is
through the DV in and out from your computer via firewire - and that's only
on later model cameras.  Also from some DV cameras to cameras. ie the PC7
to VX1000.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone thats made a composite, component or
YC converter to DV so the camera recorder could be used as a stand alone
recorder for lipstick cameras etc.

Regards,

John Bowring

John Bowring
Lemac Film & Video, Australia
jbowring at lemac.com.au    www.lemac.com.au/~lemac
Phone +61 3 9429 8588 Fax +61 3 9428 3336

---
no product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
TIG subscriber count is 907 on Wed Jan 14 19:47:44 PST 1998