[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Teleshade filter/Masking values
- To: Dave Corbitt <dc at mte.com>
- Subject: Re: Teleshade filter/Masking values
- From: Christopher Ryan <Ryan55 at niceshoes.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 11:52:20 -0500
- CC: telecine group <telecine at alegria.com>
- References: <98Jan14.094200est.20737-1 at maginot.mte.com>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 08:51:39 -0800
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"tjGc_D.A.BTD.szOv0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Dave Corbitt wrote:
> Masking is the key to good color separation on any Cintel telecine as I've
> said many times. Unfortunately it looks like Cintel still doesn't set them
> properly. We have just received a new URSA Diamond in the past few weeks
> and the preset mask values are horrible to say the least.
This is surprising to hear. Peter Swinson was in here a few weeks ago
and I mentioned that I was using a Custom Masking setting because
Cintel's settings were incorrect. He was surprised, saying that Cintel
had set up their Mask values using the same Vision Taf I was using.
When I told him we recently installed the Teleshade filter he
recommended using Mask 3, as this was set up using this filter.
I compared the Vision Taf using my Custom Mask to Cintel's Mask 3 and
found them to be almost the same. I never compared Masking 1 before I
put the Teleshade filter in so I can't say if it's accurate, but I would
guess if you have an Ursa Diamond with the Teleshade filter installed
Mask 3 should be valid.
no product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
TIG subscriber count is 909 on Wed Jan 14 08:50:45 PST 1998
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/