Re[2]: day for night

>I think the point may have got missed somewhere along the line in this
>discussion. There are two distinct concepts you have to bear in mind when
>shooting day for night. First is (in simple terms) to make the picture
>darker and a bit bluer.

Am I missing something here? I've battled forever that night is dark,_ not
blue_.
I just went outside to check. Sure enough, it's dark out there. Is this an
old-time
"blue" appendage from the early days of film-making???

Regards,
Bruce W. Goldstein
Senior Colorist
A+V

---
Thanks to Jan Janowski for support of the TIG in 1998
NO ADVERTISING allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
TIG subscriber count is 907 on Fri Jan  9 16:11:47 PST 1998