Re: Re: predictable (was Amazing)

>Said  David Keleshian  21/12/97 23:46 :
>
>> I am meerly pointing out what are in my opinon false claims
>> by my peers.
>> As for your instasync how much do you plan on charging for
>> that device and how much commision does certain colorist make
>> to sing it's praises.

Wow, this is pretty ugly...  it seems that whenever someone on the TIG
actually likes something and says nice things about it, they are accused
of being paid to say those nice things.  It's happened with  telecines,
and other things.

I think that early adopters of new technology tend to be vocal in
praising it, partly because they are trying to convince themselves over
and over that they made the right decision.  And partly because they
believe it.  It's a pretty common phenomenon, and has been studied by
academics a lot.

And of course you can't entirely separate the tools from the user.  There
is a connection both financial (the user bought the tool, or his/her
facility did) and practical (they use the tool).

But, if anyone here is paying others to say nice things, hey, I'm open to
getting paid not to say mean things!  The TIG protection racket!  Just
kidding, Rob.

John Snopes
Bunco Squad
Muncie, Indiana

---
thanks to Kris Kolodziejski and Destiny-601 of Copenhagen
          for support of the TIG in 1998
TIG subscriber count is 914 on Tue Dec 23 01:14:34 PST 1997