RE: Evertz Keycode Help

>>Bob Lancaster
>>
>>....occasionally the A-B-C-D part of the key-kode window on the tape would
>>disappear.  The feet and frame count would remain in tact and correct,

>Craig Nichols
>If I remember correctly, I beiveve that I saw something similar a few years
>back when the frame pulse from the Rank had been terminated on the 4025.
>Leaving it unterminated solved the problem. I recall that the termination
>was causing the frame pulse to ride on the "hairy edge" of being a
>consistently valid detectable level.

The pulldown characters are only shown when the telecine is at locked
play speed and the pulldown pulse is matching the transfer speed.  Craig
is right, if the frame pulse is marginal in timing or level, then the
disappearing pulldown character will flag the use of a potential
problem.  It can also be shown by the Frame LED on the front panel
flashing off.

There are several causes - one being a termination on the line, another
being noise on the frame pulse, a third being marginal timing.  Newer
firmware revisions have desensitized the 4025 to frame pulse
irregularities.  Contact Evertz tech support for specific assistance if
the problem persists.

Alan Lambshead

Alan Lambshead, P. Eng.
V.P. Engineering, Evertz Microsystems Ltd.
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Phone: 905-335-3700     Fax: 905-335-3573
email:  alan at evertz.com
http://www.evertz.com

thanks to Kris Kolodziejski and Destiny-601 of Copenhagen
          for support of the TIG in 1998
TIG subscriber count is 913 on Mon Dec 22 11:35:37 PST 1997