[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
YUV/RGB Color Space Issues
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: YUV/RGB Color Space Issues
- From: Birdy44 <Birdy44 at aol.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 12:34:19 EST
- Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com)
- Resent-Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:45:41 -0800
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"XyHjkC.A.j4F.bEWm0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Discreet Logic is saying that they are waiting for DTV & All These new
Are Coming Out ( film scanners,Spirit,C-Reality) But I am Sorry we are in
and todays technology is what we have. So if I say to my Clients Well We can't
do that we are waiting for DTV what do you think they would say ?
Since We are your clients and we all have this problem now don't you think you
should mold to the way we work now and not say it will be OK in the future.
So till The FCC Gives us the 36 different flavors of DTV we are still stuck
I also totally agree with that. Hue shifts and banding artifacts
are the results of clipping when a YUV signal ranges outside of what a
color space converter is expecting and also possibly the result of a
computation . I see It every day.
So if it takes fitting RGB Into YUV thats your problem to solve. and the
industry needs it yesterday, not in the future.
thanks to Neil Kempt for support of the TIG in 1998
TIG subscriber count is 910 on Thu Dec 18 09:44:55 PST 1997
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/