Re: Y2K, HDTV and Telecine

Craig wrote:
>I was told that the "MPV" is an uncompressed video/data recorder >capable of working within the 1080I video realm.

You're probably right about that, although I could-a sworn I heard
otherwise, Oh well! Now Bill Hogan can say again......

And NO, I don't consider Interlacing as a form of compression! If
anything, it simply conserves analog bandwidth and adds all that lovely
motion artifact and vertical aliasing. No matter what happens in DTV
with formats the day I really look forward to the day when, with plasma
display, micro mirror projection, or simple old non-interlace CRT's, we
do away with interlace and our great 'ol friend 3:2!!!

Ron

---
thanks to Tarcis Verfaillie for support of the TIG in 1998
TIG subscriber count is 909 on Wed Dec 17 08:57:56 PST 1997