Re: Y2K, HDTV and Telecine

At 3:41 PM -0500 12/15/97, KA2IQB wrote:....
  While the advantages of dumping the 29.97 frame rate
>are quite apparent,....... forcing a change right now would only
>increase costs for everybody, slowing down the changeover to DTV and causing
>far more trouble than the singular result of no longer having to deal with
>drop frame time code would be worth.

I think we'll agree to differ on this one, since further disagreement in
this forum "would only increase costs for everybody" :-)

Mike

John Abt of AJA Video in Grass Valley supports the TIG in 1997-8
TIG subscriber count is 907 on Tue Dec 16 18:54:02 PST 1997