re: color spacing

> Known for some time now the color spacing problem in Discreet logic machines
> has been a difficult problem to solve.
> The flame takes in a digital 4:2:2 signal and spits out a signal chopped at
> 100 units.
mmmmmm. Not quite. As far as I have read on Flame news the problem stems
more from DL inputing "correctly" (thats a different debate) limited
0-100 units 4:2:2, expanding it to fill the extra 16 available levels
above white and below black, then chopping it off again after
processing, thus causing color shifts.
The only way to control the situation seems to be to make sure you stay
within "gamut" - this at least minimises the problem.
Mal

---
John Abt of AJA Video in Grass Valley supports the TIG in 1997-8
TIG subscriber count is 906 on Tue Dec 16 14:23:33 PST 1997