SCAN'Dal

A note on controlling Aliasing.

We just installed SCAN'Dal on both our URSAs Saturday.  The first job in
one of the rooms this morning is a job that couldn't have been planned any
better to demonstrate how to get rid of moire patterns caused by detail
alias.  The job is a commercial spot with close ups of a young family.  The
young dad type guy is wearing a sport jacket made of closely spaced
horizontal and vertical stripes in a sort of tweedy plaid pattern,  the
sort of clothing to give anyone a video-headache.  Turning SCAN'Dal up just
a little bit gave enough modification to the spot shape to smooth out the
aliasing.  Colorist is very happy and so is the client.

 -----------------------------------
* Dave Corbitt <dc at mte.com>	    *
* Director of Telecine Engineering  *
* Manhattan Transfer / Edit, Inc.   *
* 545 Fifth Ave			    *
* New York, NY 10017		    *
* vox (212) 687-4000		    *
* fax (212) 687-8023		    *

---
brag about your recent project in the bragbook:
	http://www.alegria.com/tig3/bragbook.html
TIG subscriber count is 907 on Mon Dec 15 07:26:07 PST 1997