[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re:Growler's solution for really accurate sync?
- To: <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re:Growler's solution for really accurate sync?
- From: John Bowring <jbowring at lemac.com.au>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 22:38:04 +1000
- In-Reply-To: <34946E95.5EA2 at pacbell.net>
- References: <cc2d0f99.349241a0 at aol.com>
- Resent-Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 04:45:39 -0800
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"jxbmx.A.zuD.ZYSl0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
David Keleshian, "The Growler" of <growler at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Most experenced Aaton shooters slate with smartslate anyway because
>they dont trust the Aaton camera unit.
I'm in an unusual situation where as a cinematographer I also own a
telecine and film equipment rental facility with both AATON and ARRI
cameras, and having shot at least a million feet with AatonCode over the
last 6 years I must disagree with the Growler.
Like driving a car or a telecine, if you know what your doing you won't get
into any trouble. Frankly I tossed the slate away years ago on docos using
AATON (except for a one only reference slate at the head of each camera
roll if possible for the colourist's check.)
>I must charge the client twice the setup fee for Aaton sync. Smart slate
>syncing is far >simpler for telecine setup.
But Growler - Smart Slates take too long and takes your concentration off
the pictures! - and mores the point on a doco who can be bothered shooting
And we charge the other way around - more for the buggerising around with
> Dont get me wrong I like the Aaton. It is a very clever unit. I do
>enjoy the challenge when it does have problems........ But as for the best
>I say Keep It >Simple Stupid. The prize goes to the old reliable TLC with
>a Nagra follow.
Well for the best KISS principle you'd better get an INDAW syncing station
and forget about the dam sound!
Lemac Film & Video, Australia
jbowring at lemac.com.au www.lemac.com.au/~lemac
Phone +61 3 9429 8588 Fax +61 3 9428 3336
brag about your recent project in the bragbook:
TIG subscriber count is 907 on Mon Dec 15 04:44:04 PST 1997
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/