[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Y2K, HDTV and Telecine
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: Re: Y2K, HDTV and Telecine
- From: Dave.Satin at SMAvid.com
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:50:32 -0500
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions, Hollywood, CA
- Phone-number: +1 213 464 6266
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 09:15:48 -0800
- Resent-From: rob at alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Resent-Message-Id: <E0xhHds-0000hM-00 at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-Sender: Rob Lingelbach <rob at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: mhon at praia.alegria.com
Not quite Chris.
The Panasonic D5 adaptor (AJ-HDP500) uses 4:1 intra-field JPEG
compression to convert the 1.2 GB/s baseband HD signal into a 360MB/s
signal that is then recorded by the D5 (AJ-D580H) VTR.
Upon playback, the adaptor works in reverse; the 360 MB/s data stream
is expanded back to 1.2 GB/s baseband HD.
Currently the adaptor works only in 1920 X 1080 pixels, at either
59.94 of 60 hz.
Executive Vice President 212.226.7474/V
Director of Engineering 212.941.0439/F
SMA Video Inc.
100 6th Avenue 10th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10013-1689