Re: VHS vs BETAMAX

Dominic Case wrote:
>Please can someone tell me what is so damn wonderful about the obsolete
>Betamax format compared with VHS -
How about superior picture quality (at least SOME detail in the blacks)?
There was also that great woodgrain vinyl case and the nifty wired
"remote". It also looked great sitting on top of Admiral console, and Mom
couldn't put a leaky plant on top of the deck because it was a top-load
machine.

>We keep on seeing Beta vs VHS cited as the ultimate example of marketing
>over design or functionality.  Is it the only example? - it's a little
>old and stale by now -  or is it just a convenient and repetitious
>excuse for people who made the wrong choice?.
Nope, it is just a good example of marketing over design. If anyone can
come up with a better one, I'm sure that the group would be happy to use it
to death instead.

Karl Rueby
Pacific Media Post
Beautiful Downtown Burbank

The tv business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway
where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
                                    - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

---
** brag about your recent project in the bragbook:
	http://www.alegria.com/tig3/bragbook.html
TIG subscriber count is 906 on Tue Dec  9 23:07:44 PST 1997