Re: grain addition

Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> what are other colorists doing to make grain?

Rob,

I'm still quite fond of the Cintel contour twist-o-rama. By twisting the contour
coarse corings on the daVinci more page,  you can really zero into the frequency
of the grain structure. I've found that even with a well behaved exposure I can
usually coax a pattern that is very realistic. Combine this with a dose of
aperture correction on your Noise Reducer du jour, and your grain begins to
dance.

On the flip side I have been using the soft focus feature on the pan page for
some very realistic racks. Now if I could only soften the corners of the patch
and leave the center sharp. ;^)

--Bob
Bob Festa              festa at pacbell.net
Director of Telecine
Encore Santa Monica        310 656 7663

---
TIG subscriber count is 904 on Thu Dec  4 21:10:50 PST 1997