grain addition

I was asked, not long ago, to create a grainy or pushed look in
transfer from a client's well-exposed 35mm motion picture negative.

On Mark III's I used to drop the beam current down low and drive up
the PEC's to create some 'grain'... today, with TWiGi making 150ua
look just like 300ua, I don't have a beam current option..

what are other colorists doing to make grain?

--Rob Lingelbach
Pacific Ocean Post, Santa Monica, CA

rob at info.com            |  cat are not the better for it."  --Abraham Lincoln
rob at cloister.org                KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---
TIG subscriber count is 904 on Thu Dec  4 13:10:40 PST 1997