Re: Digital Betacam Quality

> The new I/C correctly limits the chroma bandwidth before the
> quadrature modulation into NTSC. We should all remember that the I
> bandwidth is 1.3 Mhz and Q is 600 khz for NTSC.. It is not very nice
> to encode 2.75 Mhz of R-Y or B-Y into such a small space!

And for PAL systems? Is the same problemo?

Matthew

Film Australia: Lightworks/dAVE/Film/Studios/Projection
ASE Editors' Website:     http://www.gpo.com.au/editors

---
**Congratulations to Seamus O'Kane on the birth of his son Alexander
Thanks to Snell & Wilcox for support of the TIG
TIG subscriber count is 902 on Tue Dec  2 15:26:18 PST 1997