[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Digital Betacam Quality
- To: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Subject: Re: Digital Betacam Quality
- From: Rob Chambers <robgc at infomatch.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 23:43:06 -0800 (PST)
- Resent-Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 23:43:32 -0800
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"Ca8clC.A.VkC.Yw7g0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
>As discussed above and the known poor quality (by today's standards of
>comb filter encoders) I thought that I had heard that Sony was producing
>as an option an "improved" higher quality encoder. Anybody heard of
Sony has a bulletin out on this. It replaces the NTSC Encoder I/C on the
DEC-65 board. Newer machines (in the last two or three months) probably
already have this I/C installed.
The new I/C correctly limits the chroma bandwidth before the quadrature
modulation into NTSC. We should all remember that the I bandwidth is 1.3 Mhz
and Q is 600 khz for NTSC.. It is not very nice to encode 2.75 Mhz of R-Y or
B-Y into such a small space!
Senior Engineer, VTV.
Vancouver, B.C, Canada.
Thanks to Snell & Wilcox for support of the TIG
TIG subscriber count is 904 on Mon Dec 1 23:43:15 PST 1997
visit the TIG website at http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html
mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe