[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: grain/DV and Digital Betacam question
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: Re: grain/DV and Digital Betacam question
- From: Andres_Capdevila at viditec.com.ar
- Date: Mon, 01 Dec 97 12:27:25 PST
- Cc: matthew at gpo.com.au
- Resent-Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 08:38:22 -0800
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"UWxgL.A.6uD.wfug0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
And I have another question, this time about digital betacam.
I'm watching the waveform monitor looking at the composite out.
I see a shot whose luminance is, say, 105mV . I put the machine into
still mode and the lum level on the wfm jumps to 110. Play mode,
105 again. Why? Both fields identical. What's more, this is not just
some switching or monitoring problem as it is not on every shot. Some
shots show a steady 105 signal, whether in still or play mode.
What's going on here?
This happen when you go from Play to Stop and vice versa.
You can avoid this enabling the item #906 of the menu (Stop freeze
Control). If this item doesn't appear in your menu you need to do a system
ROM upgrade to version 1.20 or higher.
I hope this help you.
Humberto I 2889
1231 Buenos Aires
acapdevila at viditec.com.ar
Thanks to Snell & Wilcox for support of the TIG
TIG subscriber count is 905 on Mon Dec 1 08:38:03 PST 1997
visit the TIG website at http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html
mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe