Re: grain/DV and Digital Betacam question

====
And I have another question, this time about digital betacam.

I'm watching the waveform monitor looking at the composite out.
I see a shot whose luminance is, say, 105mV . I put the machine into
still mode and the lum level on the wfm jumps to 110. Play mode,
105 again. Why?  Both fields identical. What's more, this is not just
some switching or monitoring problem as it is not on every shot. Some
shots show a steady 105 signal, whether in still or play mode.

What's going on here?

Thanks

Matthew Tucker

     Reply:

     Hi,

     This happen when you go from Play to Stop and vice versa.
     You can avoid this enabling the item #906 of the menu (Stop freeze
     Control). If this item doesn't appear in your menu you need to do a system
     ROM upgrade to version 1.20 or higher.

     I hope this help you.

     Andres Capdevila
     VIDITEC S.A.
     Humberto I 2889
     1231 Buenos Aires
     Argentina
     acapdevila at viditec.com.ar

---
Thanks to Snell & Wilcox for support of the TIG
TIG subscriber count is 905 on Mon Dec  1 08:38:03 PST 1997