Burn Pattern Revisited

Hello fellow TIG members,

	A few days ago I posted a message complaining about a burn pattern in
the picture when blowing up 35mm 1:85 to full frame on a Rank Turbo.  I
may not have explained it well enough because it seemed to confuse
people.  What I'm seeing is not a typical burn, like a square shape, or
vertical line.  It's a very even pattern accross the entire image, as if
the picture had an embossed background.  I've seen it on different Ranks
with various stages of tube age, and it doesn't seem to occur with
cinemascope film, only 1:85.  I hope this clears up any confusion, and
I'm still open to suggestions for dealing with the prolem.

Thanks,

Phil Voss
Blue Water Post

---
Thanks to Jeff Descombes & Bill Hogan of Sprocket Digital
     for support of the TIG in 1997
TIG subscriber count is 884 on Fri Nov  7 23:36:09 PST 1997