Re: Ms. Masucci and Chroma

----------
> Another good point, Chris.  You really need to get (in writing) the
delivery
> specs for the final product.  Don't depend on a middleman; if the show is
for
> PBS, get the PBS specs, don't go by what any interim production company
says,
> because when the feces strikes the airscrew, you'll still be held
accountable
> since you were the last one with your hands on the buttons.

> Bill Topazio, VP/Engineering     bt at mte.com     v:212-907-1225
> Manhattan Transfer / Edit        New York, NY   f:212-687-2719

Sounds to me that the programme receivers e.g. PBS should, if they have an
Internet site, have all this technical information/specifications on a page
for everyone to browse, print out and supply to their client to lock down
the Dubbing or Recording specs.
This would also help the problem of receiving 10 year old specs, at the
time, (and not from PBS,) relating to the recording being on Scotch cushion
flange 2" reels!!!!. (Glue and all!)
Yes, I received this. It would have been fun to supply it, though.
The idea of dialling up that receiver's current specs sounds good to me.
Peter Balfour
Icon Digital Post
Melbourne, Australia

---
thanks to Bill Varley of Command Post & Transfer of Toronto for
support of the TIG in 1997
TIG subscriber count is 880 on Wed Nov  5 15:31:51 PST 1997