RE: Two Line VITC Lines

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997 11:48:40 -0500  Jack Sinclair wrote:

>I would like to know what the consciences is for the line used for "Two
>Line VITC". So the question is what is the defacto standard if any.
>
>Jack Sinclair

Funny you should mention this... I was just finishing an
email to my engineers saying we need to switch over to 14/16
(we're currently 15/17... presumably a holdover from non-
sync head 1" days).  All the network delivery requirements
for me are 14/16 (ABC, NBC, CBS, HBO) so I will follow suit
in order to minimize errors in dubbing, etc.  No standard,
just convention to suit the majority.  -bt

Bill Topazio, VP/Engineering     bt at mte.com     v:212-907-1225
Manhattan Transfer / Edit        New York, NY   f:212-687-2719