k-scope in telecine

I have recently been using the k-scope, particularly for
cosmetic spot transfers, where highlight softening provides a soft glow to
skin tones.  We originally had been using pro-mist filters and stockings,
but found the effect too general ly applied to the overall image.  Enter
the k-scope.  We used the non additive mix function for whites and boundary
replace.  We then fed the k-scope through our digital switcher, and set the
key for highlights only.  By using the defocus controls, we blurred the
image to the client's satisfaction.
            I'm curious to know if there are any other techniques people
are using for this sort of application.

Thanks.

John Bonta
 Manhattan Transfer/Edit  N.Y.C.

---
thanks to Rich Zabel of Tekniche for support of the TIG in 1997
TIG subscriber count is 882 on Thu Oct 30 11:24:05 PST 1997