Kodak and Cineon

Dick Hobbs wrote:

"According to a note I have just had from Philips, there are 26 currently
in
use worldwide. That is not enough, though, for Kodak to achieve its
ambition of recovering its initial investment, so I am sure that the good
people of Rochester will be keen to keep Spirit going for a long while
yet."

I hope you are right Dick but we are all aware that when the bean counters
move in normal logic can go out the window.  Many  a good project has ended
prematurely  because some accountant decided it was a good tax write off -
the demise of RCA's broadcast division springs to mind.

Alan McIlwaine
Quinto Communications
Australia

---
++ Thanks to Jesper Andersen of Copenhagen for support of the TIG in 1997 ++
TIG subscriber count is 877 on Thu Oct 23 22:21:00 PDT 1997