[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Exchange media: DVC-Pro or DV-Cam?
- To: "TiG" <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Exchange media: DVC-Pro or DV-Cam?
- From: John Bowring <jbowring at lemac.com.au>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 23:18:32 +1000
- In-Reply-To: <199710211952.VAA24736 at vienna.alpes-net.fr>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 07:36:43 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"B0vnV.A.YYE.i9gT0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: Rob Lingelbach <rob at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
jpb <aaton.jp at alpes-net.fr> wrote:
>....from the data we got from the Panasonic representative here, the
>current DVCPro doesn't directly record Vitc lines.
DVCPRO is not the only new digital format that can't record 3 line VITC
because its recorded as 'data packets' JVC's DIGITAL S is in the same
situation according to an Australian post house that has tried to use it.
As DIGITAL BETACAM SX is not at all popular down here I'm not sure what its
situation is with 3 line VITC compatibility - does anyone out there
have any experience with it?
BTW - PANASONIC's reps assure me they're working on it!
John Bowring jbowring at lemac.com.au
Lemac Film & Video, Australia
Phone +61 3 9429 8588 Fax +61 3 9428 3336
++ Thanks to Biggi Klier of Munich for support of the TIG in 1997 ++
TIG subscriber count is 876 on Wed Oct 22 07:36:18 PDT 1997
mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe