Costs for Dailies Transfer

Raul ...

I don't have specific answers to your questions.  However, we have had
some experience in this kind of work -- a lot of the movies about the
Vietnam war are shot here and we get quite regular requests to transfer
dailies and/or use our editing facilities.  These days we usually turn
them down because:

a)	The disruption it causes to the facility is disproportionate to
the amount of income derived from it;

b)	They generally want to pay very low rates because they're
unaware that it costs about three times as much to purchase and install
the equipment in this region due to transportation, customs duties,
lack of manufacturer technical support, etc.;

c)	You'll have to put up with a bunch of parochial Hollywood wankers
drinking all the booze in your bar!

It really comes down to how busy you are normally, and how much
inconvenience you're willing to subject your regualar clients to.

Mark Kovalevsky
Loxley Video Post
Bangkok

---
++ Thanks to Biggi Klier of Munich for support of the TIG in 1997 ++
TIG subscriber count is 876 on Tue Oct 21 19:51:56 PDT 1997