Pedestal-style camera

I'm hoping someone will enlighten me on a term (and/or technique) I'm not
familiar with. In an interview published in the Sept '97 issue of
Variety's On Production, Ed Lammi, of Columbia Tri Star said, "...our
position on half-hours is, if you want to shoot 35, it's on pedestals.
And if for any reason you insist on shooting on dollies, then it has to
be Super 16." I get the general idea of what he's talking about, but
perhaps one of my hollywood colleagues can tell me why a studio would
insist that a half-hour show be shot stationary (if I interpret
correctly) on 35 and only use S16 if they want to move the camera?
Spence Burton
Film Services Manager
Henninger Media Services

---
++ Thanks to Biggi Klier of Munich for support of the TIG in 1997 ++
TIG subscriber count is 874 on Tue Oct 21 14:11:51 PDT 1997