Exchange media: DVC-Pro or DV-Cam?

Is there somebody here --with a crystal ball-- who can give us
an advice about the next standard for mainstream digi-video
interchange?
Since the recordable DVD is not yet round the corner, many people
(as we do) are seeking for a mean term alternative to the U-Matic,
VHS, S-VHS, BetaSP and DigiBetas NTSC/PAL nightmare when it comes
to exchange demo, test or problem-showing tapes.

We had great hopes into DVC-Pro, but the recent introduction
of DV-Cam is now confusing the issue.

respectfully submitted :)

--jp/Aaton

---
Thanks to Steve Franko for support of the TIG in 1997
HDTV discussion thread is at http://www.alegria.com/telecine/hdtv.txt
TIG subscriber count is 873 on Mon Oct 20 13:48:22 PDT 1997