[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Exchange media: DVC-Pro or DV-Cam?
- To: "TiG" <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: Exchange media: DVC-Pro or DV-Cam?
- From: jpb <aaton.jp at alpes-net.fr>
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 97 22:51:23 -0000
- Resent-Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:48:54 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"3_QZdD.A.sv.WO8S0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: Rob Lingelbach <rob at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
Is there somebody here --with a crystal ball-- who can give us
an advice about the next standard for mainstream digi-video
Since the recordable DVD is not yet round the corner, many people
(as we do) are seeking for a mean term alternative to the U-Matic,
VHS, S-VHS, BetaSP and DigiBetas NTSC/PAL nightmare when it comes
to exchange demo, test or problem-showing tapes.
We had great hopes into DVC-Pro, but the recent introduction
of DV-Cam is now confusing the issue.
respectfully submitted :)
Thanks to Steve Franko for support of the TIG in 1997
HDTV discussion thread is at http://www.alegria.com/telecine/hdtv.txt
TIG subscriber count is 873 on Mon Oct 20 13:48:22 PDT 1997
mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe