Re: TCS, Gamma Charts , etc.

> I have always wondered if one could color correct(time) the negatives on
> a telecine & transfer the information into printer points for onwards
> film printing operation. The reason for thinking on those lines is
> because of the brilliant & crisp picture quality offered by a telecine.
> Color correction would be a real pleasure with the telecine displaying
> the images in such detail.
> Mohit Shetty
> for Quality Cine Labs Pvt Ltd

Dear Mr  Shetty:

Thank you for your consideration and interest in Gamma & Density Co.
Based on your position in the film and TV industries, I believe the
technological developments from Gamma & Density Co. may be of interest
to you.

Our company does have the system  you are describing . The system is
called "Gamma1234"∆ (a.k.a."Time in your Time" Ű) and it is able  to do
not only what you are describing and asking , but much, much more...

Variety of  DP's in Los Angeles area , from the young beginners to the
top ASC guys, and  selected members of film and tele-cine industries
had access to the systemŪs software and hardware on the non-disclosure
agreement basis. All of them have been chosen mainly on criteria of
working with our system and use of our Gamma-1 chart. Needless to say,
our Gamma chart and a few additional and modified versions of it, are
cornerstones of new system.

All the members of the test group gave us their feed-back and 100%
approval.
One of the laboratories, after conducting a series of tests, found that
it žWILL HAVE SERIOUS TECHNOLOGICAL IMPACT IN FILM PROCESSING AND FILM
PRODUCTION EVERYWHERE.Ó DP, Member of ASC, commented on the
model-simulator in the following words: žEVERY DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY
WILL WELCOME THAT DAY, AS WILL THE LABS. (IT) CAN ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR
SOME VERY EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT.Ó

Due to the legal and patent application procedures, which we hope we
will complete literally next week, we are not at liberty yet neither to
make public  all the details about system, nor to  release the members
of the test group from their obligation not to disclose  information
without our explicit written permission.

But if your company is interested to take part in our test run of the
GAMMA1234 System ,  please contact us directly and we will work out all
the details.

Regards,

Yuri Neyman, Director of Photography
http://www.loop.com/~gamma1

---
Thanks to Steve Franko for support of the TIG in 1997
HDTV discussion thread is at http://www.alegria.com/telecine/hdtv.txt
TIG subscriber count is 875 on Sun Oct 19 18:22:26 PDT 1997