Re: CBS HDTV Tests

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997 16:20:52 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:
>These tests were obviously planned by Sony and CBS to push cost-effective
>S16 and 16mm out of the picture, and sell the productions that would be
>tempted by S16's savings on HDTV cameras instead.  (There was no way that
>they could have claimed 35mm was unsuitable for HDTV...  though I'm sure
>that they would have if they could have.)

It's nice to see a large group like this getting down into the gutter,
attempting to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt throughout the industry.

I wouldn't want to think Kodak was down there alone.

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing.

Thanks to Steve Franko for support of the TIG in 1997
HDTV discussion thread is at http://www.alegria.com/telecine/hdtv.txt
TIG subscriber count is 873 on Sun Oct 19 07:31:47 PDT 1997

Follow-Ups: References: