color timing film with telecine

19th October 97

Hi everybody!

We are a film processing lab operating in Bombay, INDIA and process 16mm
& 35mm.

I have always wondered if one could color correct(time) the negatives on
a telecine & transfer the information into printer points for onwards
film printing operation. The reason for thinking on those lines is
because of the brilliant & crisp picture quality offered by a telecine.
Color correction would be a real pleasure with the telecine displaying
the images in such detail. One also gets to hear of products like
Cintel's TKG, Gamma Charts etc that establish a definite link between
telecine control points & film printer points. Would these products
help.

Please advice if this is possible, or is it wishful thinking. Thanks in
advance.

Best Regards,

for Quality Cine Labs Pvt Ltd

Mohit Shetty