[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Subject: DVD
- From: Rod Sommerich <sommr at acay.com.au>
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 21:43:11 +1000
- Old-Return-Path: <sommr at acay.com.au>
- Reply-To: sommr at acay.com.au
- Resent-Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 04:43:43 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"c7edb.A.epE.nr1Q0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
Jim Lindelien wrote:
> Anil Srivastava wrote:
> >Can the same DVD disk be played in players outside US, for example,
> >Europe with 625 line, 50 Hz scan rate?
A little off topic but anyway....
In Australia there are certain individuals who will recode a DVD Player
with a regon 0 code for about A$150 (US$100). The regon 0 code allows
disks from any regon to be played. I don't know if this is legal or
not. Perhaps someone in the group can clarify this.
Rod Sommerich | Ah! Don't say that you agree with me.
Sydney Australia | When People agree with me I always feel
| that I must be wrong........Oscar Wilde
sommr at acay.com.au | http://www.ozemail.com.au/~sommr
Thanks to Dave Best & Post Perfect for support of the TIG in 1997
HDTV discussion thread is at http://www.alegria.com/telecine/hdtv.txt
TIG subscriber count is 870 on Tue Oct 14 04:43:35 PDT 1997
mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe
- Re: DVD
- From: bob at bluescreen.com