DVD

Jim Lindelien wrote:

> Anil Srivastava wrote:
>
> >Can the same DVD disk be played in players outside US, for example,
> >Europe with 625 line, 50 Hz scan rate?

A little off topic but anyway....

In Australia there are certain individuals who will recode a DVD Player
with a regon 0 code for about A$150 (US$100).  The regon 0 code allows
disks from any regon to be played.  I don't know if this is legal or
not.  Perhaps someone in the group can clarify this.
--
Rod Sommerich         |       Ah! Don't say that you agree with me.
Sydney Australia      |       When People agree with me I always feel
                      |       that I must be wrong........Oscar Wilde
sommr at acay.com.au     |       http://www.ozemail.com.au/~sommr

---
Thanks to Dave Best & Post Perfect for support of the TIG in 1997
HDTV discussion thread is at http://www.alegria.com/telecine/hdtv.txt
TIG subscriber count is 870 on Tue Oct 14 04:43:35 PDT 1997