[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: DVD-From Where and How
- To: <bhogan at sprocketdig.com>, <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: DVD-From Where and How
- From: Anil Srivastava <anil at apple.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 97 08:50:15 -0800
- Old-Return-Path: <anil at mail.apple.com>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 09:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"DFqCzD.A.3nE.8a7O0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
Bill Hogan wrote on 10/4/97 8:57 AM the following:
>It adds the 3rd Field for every other film frame.....you have a
>Digiscan/Telecine Framestore in your DVD player at home for less than
>$500. Who says that technology is not amazing? DVD players have
>4:2:0 Digital Signal processing internally which is up-converted to
>4:2:2 to output to composite, component Analog outputs or
>S-Video(almost as Good) outputs to feed to your home display.
I have two questions.
Can the same DVD disk be played in players outside US, for example,
Europe with 625 line, 50 Hz scan rate?
Any ballpark estimate of converting a 100 minute 35mm color film to DVD?
HDTV discussion thread is at http://www.alegria.com/telecine/hdtv.txt
Thanks to Rick Anthony of DuArt for support of the TIG in 1997
TIG subscriber count is 858 on Wed Oct 8 09:37:16 PDT 1997
mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe