Re: technicolor

On Oct 2, 21:18, "JC Soret" wrote:
} Subject: technicolor

> (I know French people are always in a bad mood)

especially ones who have moved to England! :]

I had the pleasure of working, briefly, at a facility that masters and
manages the duplication of the MGM film library, which included quite
a few Technicolor titles (including Gone With the Wind and The Wizard
of Oz).  It was a revelation to see such color... though it wore thin
my fourth time through the Spanish version of Oklahoma!.

Anyway, I'd like to know, where was Wizard retransferred, and was it
really from a negative?  It would seem counterintuitive to use a
negative from a Technicolor master.

--Rob
Rob Lingelbach
Senior Colorist, Pacific Ocean Post, Santa Monica, California
TIG Administrator

rob at alegria.com         | "I care not much for a man's religion whose dog or
rob at info.com            |  cat are not the better for it."  --Abraham Lincoln
rob at cloister.org                KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---
         Thanks to Brian Thomas for support of the TIG in 1997

      TIG subscriber count is 854 on Thu Oct  2 15:51:54 PDT 1997