Re: Old sound tracks

Hi David,

No, as long as you're not the one who is storing them, there isn't much to
worry about when dealing with vinegary mag elements -- except for people
running around holding their noses!

As per Lars Gaustad's reply, the 3M cleaning fabric rolls are a good way to
go (we use them here).  We get them from MPE in Tarrytown, NY; I'd imagine
there are other sources besides.  They consist of a tiny roll of fabric which
mounts on a post that you attach to your dubber somewhere along the mag path
before the heads.  When the mag goes by, it deposits any loose crud on the
fabric, which you tear off from time to time.

Best regards,
Christopher Bacon

---
         Thanks to Innovation TK for support of the TIG in 1997

      TIG subscriber count is 857 on Wed Oct  1 10:46:23 PDT 1997