Re: DAT

Ken Robinson wrote:

> I did actually clone the DAT, but to a Digi beta, transfering the Aaton
> code to the timecode track.  I gave up shortly after pressing record as
> the LTC light started flashing.  So to end this thread I am assuming
> laying aaton code on track two of a DAT is non standard (quite apart
> from the fact that I think something was definately wrong with it!).
>
> Thanks for the responses.
>
> Ken
>
> Tim Bond wrote:
>
> > Ken Robinson wrote:
> > >
> > > Quick question....
> > >
> > > Is there a standard for recording Aaton code on a DAT?  I received a
> > DAT
> > > with normal DF code on address track and Aaton code on track 2...
> > Had
> > > problems making use of the code, hence the question.
> >
> > 'Seems as though that's a rather backwards way of supplying field
> > audio
> > to a post house!  --

> Ken Robinson

Well . . . actually Ken the problem may be that the Beta had trouble
accepting as an input the 30.00 fps time code (I am presuming an NTSC
based production - if it was a PAL based production, then perhaps you
did have a time code problem.

Tim Bond

---
         Thanks to Innovation TK for support of the TIG in 1997

      TIG subscriber count is 857 on Wed Oct  1 07:58:31 PDT 1997