Re: Old sound tracks

<< Over months or years, the acetic acid from the
 bad reels can attack the good ones and cause them to start breaking down
too. >>

Christopher,
Since we usually only have these elements in house for a few weeks at a time,
it seems that I need not worry about spreading the "virus", which was my
concern.
Thanks for your reply, as usual a detailed and eloquent response. I have only
one further question...

<<I would not recommend putting vinegared mag stock through a film cleaner.
 There is a possibility that if the base is really beginning to deteriorate,
you'll get chunks of the mag coating flaking off.>>

Is there another way you might suggest to clean mag that has become powdery?
Regards,
David Bernstein

---
         Thanks to Innovation TK for support of the TIG in 1997

      TIG subscriber count is 856 on Wed Oct  1 00:05:03 PDT 1997