Re: DAT

Ken Robinson wrote:

> Quick question....
>
> Is there a standard for recording Aaton code on a DAT?  I received a DAT
> with normal DF code on address track and Aaton code on track 2...  Had
> problems making use of the code, hence the question.
>
> Ken

'Seems as though that's a rather backwards way of supplying field audio
to a post house!  Perhaps they weren't very familiar with the Aaton
method and thought they were doing you a favor by providing an
alternative standard with which they were familiar.  I would think that
in order to make use of the Aaton code you would have to clone the DAT,
but put that Aaton code on the new DAT's "address track."

Tim Bond

---
      Thanks to Hugh Waters & Tom Davy for support of the TIG

      TIG subscriber count is 854 on Tue Sep 30 05:07:27 PDT 1997

Follow-Ups: References: