Re: Perc and Safety

     Brent wrote:

     <<We are planning to convert our film cleaners from Trichlor to Perc.
     If anyone else out there has done this we would be interested in
     knowing what changes you made>>

     What kind of machines are you planning to convert and where are they
     located(geographically)?  There are MANY factors to consider.  You
     will lose considerable production due to the fact that Perc does not
     evaporate/dry as quickly as Trichloroethane/Methyl Chloroform.  The
     machine will have to be slowed to approximately one third of your
     current speed.  You probably have to increase the exhaust capacity of
     your machine as well to  avoid complaints (valid, as well as invalid)
     about the smell.  You may have to increase the air exchange in the
     area where the equipment is located to accommodate the increased
     exhaust. Because the smell is different you will get a number of
     complaints, even if the Perc levels in the area are well within
     allowable limits.

     Just a FEW things the consider in making the conversion.

     Rick Anthony
     Duart Film & Video

---
              Thanks to Phil Voss for support of the TIG

      TIG subscriber count is 855 on Mon Sep 29 21:20:55 PDT 1997