RE: RE: HDTV WHY???

The new DTV broadcasts will have no snow or ghosts.   When decoded in a
set-top box and presented to the S-Video input of an NTSC television set
they'll produce no chroma crawl either.   The net delivered quality to
the consumer could be quite a bit better than that which one can receive
via today's NTSC analog transmissions.

> And what will happen to the cable industry -- as I understand it
> DTV/HDTV
> won't pass through most cable headends...  and the cable boom is over
> --
> at least to the extent that the industry hates to invest more money in
>
> infrastructure unnecessarily.
>
> That's my guess, anyway.
>
> John Snopes
> Muncie, Indiana
>
> PS:  Forgive me for erroneously sending personal EMail to the entire
> group.  I'm renting an Avid and used the EMail software on the
> machine...
>  didn't check the addressees.  Sorry to everyone.
>
> ---
>
>       TIG subscriber count is 855 on Mon Sep 29 14:52:46 PDT 1997
>    archives and much more at http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html
>      mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
>         'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe

---
              Thanks to Phil Voss for support of the TIG

      TIG subscriber count is 855 on Mon Sep 29 20:08:59 PDT 1997