re: Old sound tracks

DBClrst at aol.com wrote:

>  Also, on occasion these mag reels can
> be a bit powdery. Is it viable to run them through the film cleaner? I

> have
> often pondered doing this, but haven't quite had the nerve.

Regarding running mag thru a cleaner.....  Errr, well a long time ago,
during a rather pressing afternoon there was a slight miscommunication
with a then trainee colourist (Now rather good and well respected man in

London), who promptly ran the feature film and mag track thru the
cleaner before I transferred it.  Have to say that I heard good clean
sound and no damage seemed to be done!

Ken

--
Ken Robinson

Phone +56 2 207 9515
Fax   +56 2 228 5871

186,000 miles per second.  Not just a good idea.....  It's the LAW!

---
           Thanks to Lipsner-Smith for support in 1997

      TIG subscriber count is 855 on Sat Sep 27 20:35:01 PDT 1997