IBC sojourn

Your TIG administrator will be off for some IBC (Intensive Backpacking
and Climbing) from the 13th to the 20th.  If all goes according to
plan, I'll be on the summit of Mt. Whitney (14,491 ft.) on Thursday
the 18th.

The mailinglist(s) are somewhat self-administering.  If a real
emergency arises, contact jimmy at info.com, or call +1 800 you-2-jim.
The only emergency that I can ever remember was in 1994 when I didn't
have the programs tuned very well and a vacation autoresponder caused
the dreaded 'ringing mail' loop where the 25 or so subscribers
received a couple of dozen copies of a message before I detected it
and pulled the plug. (detection at 4 AM out of a sound sleep by
beeping mail utility indicating each received message)

In the meantime, should anyone need to subscribe or unsubscribe, here
are some instructions:

1) to subscribe to the main TIG mailinglist, send a message to
'telecine-announce at alegria.com' with the Subject: subscribe.  This
also starts a subscription to the '-announce' section, which is
the 'commercial' mailinglist.

2) to subscribe to the TIG digest mailinglist, send a message to
'telecine-digest at alegria.com' with the Subject: subscribe.  This also
starts a subscription to the '-announce' section.

3) to switch to the TIG digest from the main undigested list, send a
message to 'telecine at alegria.com' with the Subject: unsubscribe, and
then follow #2 above.

4) to unsubscribe from the '-announce' mailinglist, send a message to
'telecine-announce at alegria.com' with the Subject: unsubscribe.

5) to unsubscribe from the main TIG mailinglist, send a message to
'telecine at alegria.com' with the Subject: unsubscribe.

The TIG webpages are being redesigned, and should be ready within a
couple of weeks after IBC.

regards
--Rob

+++
	Thanks to Philips BTS for support of the TIG
---
      TIG subscriber count is 852 on Thu Sep 11 10:28:48 PDT 1997